Syllabus For Short-Term / Add-On Courses
While bidding adieu to old colonial system of education now presently we're introducing meaningful learner centric education where skill development gets a priority. Tremendous growth has been built up in the media world for which it requires a large work force. We have introduced number of such short term professional courses to supply the demand of the new growing media industry imparting the required skills to the learners. The Courses we have selected for the present time are as follows:
A) DIPLOMA IN PROFESSIONAL VIDEO-EDITING (Using FCP) (4 Months)
Minimum 10th Pass
1. Introduction to Mass Communication
2. Practical Concept on Different Genres
3. Practical Concept on Package and Programme Making
B) P.G. DIPLOMA IN MASS COMMUNICATION
1 Year (2 Semesters)
PAPERS: (1st Semester)
1. Introduction to Communication
3. Advertising & Public Relations
4. Personality Development & Current Affairs
PAPERS: (2nd Semester)
1. Electronic Media
2. Information Communication Technology
3. Development Communication & Traditional Media
4. Media Laws& Ethics
C) CERTIFICATE COURSE IN JOURNALISM
1. Introduction to Communication.
2. Basics of Journalism 1 (Print Media & Photography)
3. Basics of Journalism 2 ( Electronic Media & New Media)
4. Computer Application( DTP, Page Maker, Photoshop,Corel Draw, Use of Internet)
D) CERTIFICATE IN SCRIPT WRITING (2 Months)
Minimum 10th Pass
PAPER I: COMPUTER FUNDAMENTALS
Computer Basics; MS-Office, MS-Excel; MS-PowerPoint etc, Handling the Internet; Email etc
PAPER II: PHOTOSHOP CS3 AND PAGEMAKER 7
Introduction, Workspace basics, Palettes and menus, Tools, Viewing images
Opening and importing images, Photoshop images, Image size and resolution,
Layers (Managing layers, Setting opacity and blending, Layer effects and styles
Adjustment and fill layers, Selecting, grouping, and linking layers, Moving, stacking and locking layers, Copying, Duplicating, Merging, Layer Masking etc).
Photo Editing Using different Tools, Text Editing Etc.
Looking at the Work Area , Constructing a Publication , Text Formatting and Word Processing , Composition and Typography , Graphics and Text Objects , Indexes, Contents and Pagination, Defining, Applying , Trapping Color , Color Management , Using Adobe Table, Importing, Linking, and Exporting , Printing , Creating Adobe PDF and HTML Files ,Data Merge ,Using Scripts ,Special Characters, PageMaker Tags Etc.
PAPER III: PRACTICAL, PROJECT AND VIVA
Practical and Project are based on Paper I and Paper II. Viva- Voce at the time of final examination based on Project and Practical.
Download Admission Form